Bowling Forums, Bowling Discussion and Bowling Talk
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleHunter
The Gavie isn't run by the MDUSBC, so you probably need to contact Thunderbowl Lanes directly to inquire about entries.


Mark Martin was kind enough to forward me an entry form  😉
amf300bowler

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 760
Reply with quote  #32 
When are you planning to send in the entry? The tournament is just over a month away and fills up fast I am told.
__________________
Fall Leagues: Monday - Five Star Lanes, Tuesday  & Thursday - Astro Lanes.
Balls: Motiv Trident Abyss, Motiv Villain Scorn, Motiv Hydra & Motiv Hyper Sniper. All made in the USA.

mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf300bowler
When are you planning to send in the entry? The tournament is just over a month away and fills up fast I am told.


You are the last one to chime in.  I'm waiting for your information.  I have everyone else's.  Check your private messages.  Need your full name, USBC Number, average, and send $30 to my office.  Once I have your information, I'll send in the app, I don't need to wait for the entry fee first.  When I get that, then the app will be sent in...thanks!!!
mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #34 
I figured out amf300bowler's name, and did usbc average look up.  We have a 1050 team average.  Our tournament entry form has been submitted.  I asked if we could bowl in the arena too, so we shall see what happens.

I'm looking forward to bowling.  
thebigcat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowling300
I figured out amf300bowler's name, and did usbc average look up.  We have a 1050 team average.  Our tournament entry form has been submitted.  I asked if we could bowl in the arena too, so we shall see what happens.

I'm looking forward to bowling.  

I bowl tonight with Tom Strobl (Thunderbowl's owner). I'll see if he can pull any strings to get us assigned to the arena.
Maybe he can, maybe he can't. If he can, I know he will.
I know I bowl WAY better in the arena than out.

__________________

Kingpin Max
Intel
Katana
Kingpin Gold
HyRoad
Inferno
Edge
Freestyle Rush
Mix

 

mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat

I bowl tonight with Tom Strobl (Thunderbowl's owner). I'll see if he can pull any strings to get us assigned to the arena.
Maybe he can, maybe he can't. If he can, I know he will.
I know I bowl WAY better in the arena than out.


Sounds great.  I mailed in our app today.  The very last place to end up is that other bay where they do the glow bowling.
Fordman

Registered:
Posts: 3,564
Reply with quote  #37 
Doesn't the arena hook more?  How many lanes in the arena?  Isn't there 60-70 in the main part?
__________________
Shake a Vets hand you owe them.
Dearborn Mi. Home town of Henry Ford
thebigcat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman
Doesn't the arena hook more?  How many lanes in the arena?  Isn't there 60-70 in the main part?

I wouldn't say the arena hooks more. That just depends on the oil. There have been exponentially fewer games bowled in the arena, so the lane surface is a lot more 'worn' in the track area in the main. The result is balls tend to bog down a lot more the first 40 feet in the main, so much better back end reaction in the arena...and better carry.
I've seen the main be real easy, and really, really hard, and the same thing in the arena...just depends on the pattern. I don't know why I've always done better in the arena.
I think the arena is 20 lanes, but old age has ruined my memory. I don't even remember how many lanes the place has...even though I've bowled there a hundred times. 😳

__________________

Kingpin Max
Intel
Katana
Kingpin Gold
HyRoad
Inferno
Edge
Freestyle Rush
Mix

 

mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #39 
The arena has 20 lanes.  The main part has 54 lanes.  The other bay for glow bowling has 20 lanes.  94 all together.  
Fordman

Registered:
Posts: 3,564
Reply with quote  #40 
You want to hear something scary?  I went to dances there when I was a kid.  They would cover the lanes with Ply wood or something and have disc jockey and a few local bands.  Cool dude right.
__________________
Shake a Vets hand you owe them.
Dearborn Mi. Home town of Henry Ford
thebigcat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman
You want to hear something scary?  I went to dances there when I was a kid.  They would cover the lanes with Ply wood or something and have disc jockey and a few local bands.  Cool dude right.

Plywood existed when you were a kid??
Must have been hard transporting it on those horse wagons. 😼

__________________

Kingpin Max
Intel
Katana
Kingpin Gold
HyRoad
Inferno
Edge
Freestyle Rush
Mix

 

mrbowling300

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 11,459
Reply with quote  #42 
I'm looking forward to bowling with you guys.  Should be lots of fun.  
themrfreeze

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 3,699
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcat

Must have been hard transporting it on those horse wagons. 😼


I'm guessing it wasn't too bad...the Romans had just mastered road construction so things were easier than they had been just a few years earlier.


thebigcat

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #44 
Thunderbowl's owner told me he'd get us assigned to the arena. As long as no one drops the ball...
Now we just have to figure out how to keep Fordman from falling asleep on the sofas in the settee...

__________________

Kingpin Max
Intel
Katana
Kingpin Gold
HyRoad
Inferno
Edge
Freestyle Rush
Mix

 

Fordman

Registered:
Posts: 3,564
Reply with quote  #45 
Sofa, now that is in my wheel house.  Who else besides Keith is Left handed?  I like bowling with left handers. 
By the way Marc I still know where you live.[biggrin]

__________________
Shake a Vets hand you owe them.
Dearborn Mi. Home town of Henry Ford
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.